Avenues of Service
Based on the Object of Rotary, the five Avenues of Service are Rotary's philosophical cornerstone and the foundation on which club activity is based:
- Club Services focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the effective functioning of the club.
- Vocational Services encourages Rotatrians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards.
- Community Services covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in its community.
- World Community (International) Services encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary's humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace.
- Youth Services is an extension of the Four Avenues placing specific focus on and to recognize the importance of the needs and growth of young people of all ages around the world to the future of humankind and our environment. Rotarians organize and support activities to promote literacy, learning, health, family, and personal safety among our new generations.